Friday, October 06, 2006

No trailer but...

Well I think it's safe to say that the Zodiac trailer won't be appearing along with the Departed - we would have seen it pop up online already. So that's 2 false trailer starts, hopefully the next rumour mill pans out true! But I still urge everyone to see the Departed - no excuses there guys.



Well for the good news - we finally have some marketing and the first billboard! Love the logo, love the shot, love the atmosphere. You can just imagine Fincher's camera panning in to the Golden Gate Bridge slowlt and moving into a wide pan of the city's skyline. AHHH - I'm already there.
Finally R. Lee Ermey who played the Police Captain in Se7en blasts Fincher in this interview:

After working on Seven, you called David Fincher "a little chicken
shit." I'm assuming you guys aren't discussing a second project?

As far as I'm concerned, if a director won't even listen to an actor, that's a black mark. Fincher stuck to the script even when actors came up with ideas that were 10 times better. One of the most important aspects of acting is bringing something to the fucking table. And most actors don't. They just show up, the director says, "Action," they say the words the writer has written, and, for them, that's good enough. But it's never good enough for me. That's what made Stanley Kubrick. If anyone had any idea, he wanted to hear it. If you saw Full Metal Jacket as it was written, you would understand what I'm saying.

My thoughts? Good on Fincher! He stuck true to an amazing script from day one and turned out an amazing movie. If Mr Emrey has such good ideas about character development lets see how many scripts he's written? None! Case closed. Thanks to Spanish lovegod Iggy Romero who provides this excerpt from the latest Premier magazine about Fincher's focus.

"During production, Fincher displayed his usual perfectionism, at one point doing 15 takes of Ruffalo, as detective David Toschi, handling a photo in a file. Downey, Jr. says that Fincher afforded him some leeway, 'but even that looseness was down a very, very thin road, because he's a director who holds the entirety of the action, the meaning, and the theme of the movie between those
ears at all times."

Really amazing - such an intense man. Hopefully we see the fruit of his labours soon!
Oh and a cool new feature of the site, the official Zodiac/Fincher Amazon website - for all your Zodiac killer and David Fincher products. Great prices, shipped directly to you!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds incredible.Thankyou for the info.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm downloading the trailer from Emule but i don't know if it's fake.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe we have a billboard ! When did that go up? It's amazing! A foggy Golden Gate bridge ahhhh ! I don't like the font for Zodiac but youknow what, I KNEW they were going to use thatlittle zodiac symbol for the O. The billboard has a Christmas feel for sure. I'mso happy it's called Zodiac and not the Chronicles.We've missed u Fincher!!!!!!!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never posted regarding this project to date, but I can tell you this; working with David Fincher was and is the highlight of my career. I spent 8 days working with him and he couldn't have been more gracious and open to ideas. All the blah blah blah about this and that and how many of 'those" he took etc etc etc. will not make one once of difference at the end of the day. The frame never lies. That he's the filmmaker he is, with the entire film in his head, well that just goes to preparation. I felt in extremely good hands the entire time and what i witnessed when i was off(i watched "all" of the work, it was thrilling), well the other actors were taken care of the same way. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! We should all look forward to one fine film. Period.

6:28 PM  
Blogger pinkpanther1586 said...

Thanks for that info - but what is your name, contact info + role in the production? Plz email me at pinkpanther1586@hotmail.com so we can do a lil mini interview.

That is if you are who you say you are!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks,

i had a feeling this would happen. i really wasn't looking for any PR. I am an actor here in LA. I was fortunate to get a minor "supporting" role on what was then called "Chronicles"...matter of fact i've got to rev my resume now that the Billboard is out. By the way, whoever it was that got the shot of this is very cool indeed.

I was only responding to not (you) but i guess some of the "general" and "specific" things i've read over the last year. You know: "Fincher does a 23 to 1 shooting ratio on every set-up" and stuff like that and also that he's "difficult" and all i can tell you is is that my experience was 180 degrees removed from any of that. I repeat, he was gracious and open with me (and everyone else i worked with over that week)and if i'm extremely lucky and the "movie gods" look kindly on me, then maybe just maybe, some of the "additional" things he/David asked me to do, will have made the cut.

Thank You for your invitation but i must respectfully decline.

1959

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww you're cute, mr. interviewer

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The final Zodiac poster is here

http://joblo.com/newsimages1/news-post-zodiac1.jpg

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Powered by Blogger