Saturday, April 08, 2006

Today's actor profile - Ezra Buzzington!

The man, the myth, the legend - the one and only Ezra Buzzington! All you Fincher fans will best remember Ezra from his appearance as the car inspector from hell in Fight Club but he has also made appearances in such movies as Magnolia, Me, Myself & Irene, Ghost World, Secretary and of course the upcoming Zodiac and Christopher Nolan's The Prestige, his TV work includes The Jaime Foxx Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
On the set of Fight Club with the bearded one.
This is what Ezra had to say about filming the Zodiac with Fincher:
DAVID FINCHER is a god.
There. I said it. And I'm not taking it back. And neither, if I don't miss my guess, will anyone argue with me. Being on set with David was like coming home for Thanksgiving. I was called early in the day to the downtown location. I found my trailer and kicked back. I'd brought with me 3 books, 5 magazines, the OUTTA SYNC rough cut and the entire first season DVD of "Drawn Together" because I knew I'd be sitting around awhile. It's Fincher. He's the most precise director I've ever met. He knows exactly what he wants and he doesn't stop until he gets it. So. Eleven hours later I'm called to set. Not kidding. They have me in these 1970's style shoes that have a slight "wedgie" kind of thing going on. I'm wandering around a bit waiting for the 2nd 2nd AD to take me to set and don't see the pothole directly in front of me. Bam! I'm on the ground clutching my ankle. Which probably shouldn't really look like that, I'm thinking. On set medic, 2nd 2nd, wardrobe (it was their shoes, after all) suddenly surround me. "Are you ok?", "Should we bandage it?", "Want a drink?", etc. Very hurried, worried and busy. All I cared about was getting to set. I'd be damned if I let anything get in the way of my working with David again. And that night. So, I hobble to set and they plunk me down in my on set chair. When I'm called for my scene, David sees the limp. "Hurt yourself there, Ezra?" He shouts. "Nah, David." I tell him. "It's just a cry for attention!" He laughs and we get into the scene. MARK RUFFALO is interviewing people who think they have clues to help find the Zodiac serial killer. My guy is very nervous and jumpy. (David called him the "Chihuahua guy".) He's convinced he knows who the killer is and believes that the Zodiac is out to get him. David let us play with text. And, man, am I glad. The best stuff often comes from riffing. My line : "Get your cock outta my Chrysler, you son of a bitch!" to JIM CARREY in ME, MYSELF AND IRENE was a total adlib. The best directors know that if you have a good improv artist to work with, the script will only be improved. You can't have "improved" without "improv", I like to say. Or, at least, I'll start saying it since I just made it up. See, I write too. ZODIAC looks to be terrifying. Gee. No shit. FINCHER meets the ZODIAC. A perfect marriage. Made in hell.
This is Jack's living nightmare.
For more info about Ezra visit his official web site and MySpace page.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick update. Just wanted to let you know that as David was cutting the film together he decided that he needed far more Zodiac witness testimonials than he's originally thought. So he wrote up some stuff specifically for me (and several others) to reshoot. Dude. Just saying. Fincher writing something with me in mind. Ok. Can totally die now. It was shot quickly (wow!) and managed to make David, the crew and Mark Ruffalo totally break up. Me so thrilled.
Thought you might want to know.
CU
Ezra B.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Powered by Blogger