Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Se7en prequel? WTF?!!!

And I thought the Gladiator prequel was the worst piece of news I've ever heard. But this takes the cake - actually this was rumoured a while (it might be even on the site archives if I'm not mistaken) but this seems like a serious attempt to make the prequel! YES YOU HEARD ME A PREQUEL TO ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME - SE7EN!!!! ARE THESE PEOPLE MAD?

Bloody-Disgusting reports that New Line is handing out a treatment to potential writers entitled Virtue. The horror website claims that the movie would be released and marketed as "it's own entity, but when the finale comes to light we are hit with a revelation that we're watching the next Se7en film." This is officially the scariest Halloween on record! If the site reports any script reviews as promised I'll report it back to you!
David Fincher in the past talked about a sequel/prequel:

"I read a script two or three years ago that they wanted to make the sequel to Se7en. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. They wanted Morgan to have become clairvoyant in some way and that was the way he was now solving serial-killer cases!And I was like, 'Well, that's handy!' Its the kind of high concept you worry about. So I dont know that there is going to be a sequel. I do know that they have to call me if they're going to do it..."

This movie was going to be called 10en (refering to the 10 Commandments)! If you really need another Se7en fix I suggest you read the comic published. Better entertainment than this piece of trash movie would provide.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf why have i never heard of these comics..

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The comics are awesome, anon....

PinkPanther- I nearly emailed you yesterday when I posted this on my site, because I was so pissed when I read the news, and I was hoping you had some Fincher quote saying it would never happen.

Hopefully it will be like the sequel for "The Lost Boys" and it will be written, sit on the shelf for a decade, and turn to dust. I very much agree with you that nothing good can come from this film.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that there's a right way to do everything; it's just that 9 times out of 10 people fail to get it right. I'm certain that there's an approach to this film that could work, so long as they don't go overly high-concept with the story.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New release date - March 2 ?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! We'll have to wait a little more, but it doesn't matter, March is a more decent month than January, the only thing is: forget the oscars!.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

March????????????
This is inhuman for crissakes!!!
They can't do this to us!!!

What hell is Fincher doing in the editing room? Having a tea-party with the ghost of Stanley Kubrick ? He better be. I hope he is. I think Fincher's the best out there, but what the hell? He should give a press conference for his fans. He doesn't even have a website!!!! My favorite director, who made blockbusters too... I don't understand him.
And one last question: why is a movie with an $85,000,000 budget treated like sh*t by the production company? independent films get better treatment. geeez...
Wheres the 300 already has a website and i'll be released in april.

Tibor Kapy.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give a 30. sec. long teaser trailer at least!!!!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Powered by Blogger