Wednesday, August 02, 2006

More on Fincher's involvement on the Black Dahlia

I know I opened up a can of worms when I asked readers to post their views on The Zodiac vs The Black Dahlia but heres an interesting story about the making of the movie and Fincher's involvement. According to producer Art Linson and director Brian De Palma; Fincher wasn't as commited as most fans thought.
"Linson had been developing it for a couple of years with (director) David Fincher, but he felt ultimately that Fincher was not going to make the movie," De Palma says. "He called me and said, 'Are you interested?' I said, 'Sure.' I read the novel 15 years ago; I always thought it was great but incredibly complicated storytelling because there are so many things going on that don't appear connected together. I felt the art of (adapting) it was to keep to the spirit of the novel, not to straighten out the kinks."
Check out the rest of the article - great read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Powered by Blogger